Sunday, July 12, 2009

Journey Day 3

Day 3 consisted of more driving and some of the most incredible landscapes I could imagine. As we crossed into South Dakota the flat plains eventually gave way to beautiful rolling hills and then the quirky yet fascinating landscape of the badlands. It felt like a different world as we ventured through this new landscape. South Dakota has a beauty all it's own. We stopped by at the world famous Wall Drug Store. WoW! what an amazing place. It felt almost as if we entered Disney world or something of the sorts. I also saw my first N.C. Wyeth original work of art. It was everything and more I had imagined. Wyeth as one my greatest influences has a special place in my heart. To finally view one of his works was an incredible experience. Wall Drugs Store has such an incredible collection of art hanging on it's many walls. I am planning a trip back that way to further explore the badlands and the outstanding art collection. Tomorrow we will explore the Black Hills and the Mt. Rushmore area. Overall this has been a most incredible experience and I feel blessed by my maker in every step we have taken. I am however exhausted and going through two time changes has screwed me over. To sleep I go...more to come - prayers - Ja-

No comments: