Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 2

Today was another long drive! We crossed the Mississippi River which really was not much bigger than though Ohio but hey I can cross that one off the to do list. We drove through Illinois, Iowa and Minnesota stopping at some interesting sights along the way. We drove by my wife's grandfather's hometown and we remembered all the stories he told us of his days growing up in Iowa. It was good to remember such a great man. My wife and I shared many interesting thoughts on religion and spirituality as she read me the rest of my book "So you think you don't want to go to church anymore....an unexpected journey." Man what a great read! It has given us so much to discuss, dwell on and apply to our lives. It is so incredible to have God at the center of this journey. He never fails to amaze with nature's beauty. Overall it was a most excellent day. Tomorrow we should arrive in Rapid City and then on to the Black Hills where I will be doing some major photo shoots and exploration. Post more when I can- prayers

No comments: